Thursday, March 23, 2006

HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA

Craig McEwen and Steve Maier came over to my place one night and we were heading out to a pub. Craig had probably already met Kelly personally before this but it was Steve's very first time. Kelly hung out with us for a bit and it was all pleasant. Before we left, I had to take my dog for a walk. Craig and Steve opted to just hang out and have a beer while I was out. Kelly, was in his room watching the hockey game on his massive TV and was also quietly noodling around on his guitar. When I got back, we were all getting ready to go when I guess the Canucks scored a goal because the sound of cheers erupted from his TV, the commentators were yelling and then suddenly, blasting from Kelly's amp was a lead-guitar version of the familiar victory "CHARGE!" ditty (you know the one: bu-da da, dunh da-da...CHARGE!") which was then immediately followed up by a lead-guitar rock version of the Hockey Night In Canada theme song. Stellar. What a great way to start the evening. Thanks Kelly!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger the Albino Bowler said...

Hey. Nice work. I just bumped into your page and noticed you and I share a common interest in Sasquatch. You should probably check out the account I just wrote of my Yeti-hunting expedition that started deep in the woods of Arkansas and is headed now to Australia.
Holla,
M-

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home